|Occupation||Actor, writer, producer, director|
ML4: A Rare and Devastating Disease
Katz wrote and directed a documentary, ML4: A Rare and Devastating Disease, about a disease her cousin's daughter had been struck with. The film premiered at the 2014 Awareness film festival in Santa Monica, California.
One-woman play "Be a good girl"
Katz started working on a one-woman play about rape, entitled "Be a good girl", in 2014, when she decided to add her voice to the women coming forward with their accounts of rape and other sexual exploitation. The play, which Katz wrote, produced, directed, and performed, is based on her own experience of a date-rape.
Katz harrassment after being the victim of mistaken identity
In August Katz was the target of ill-informed critics, after Andrew Scheer, leader of the Conservative Party released a video where a woman, who said her name was Adina, identified herself as a cancer survivor, and praised Scheer's policies on health care. Some critics of Scheer leaped to the conclusion that the woman who claimed to be a cancer survivor was actually an actor. Since the woman in the ad bore a passing resemblance to Katz, and they shared a first name, some critics of Scheer leaped to the further conclusion that Katz had agreed to act in the ad, and falsely present herself as a cancer survivor.
- Brian Lilley. Woman in anti-immigrant rant sent to CAMH, Toronto Sun, 2019-08-13. Retrieved on 2019-12-06. “This story comes just a week after Scheer had to deal with a claim, driven in part by Liberal partisans, that he had hired an actress to say she was supporting him after her bout with cancer. That woman, Adina Katz, has told various media outlets that she had faced online bullying and cruelty.”
- ML4: A rare and devasting disease, Awareness film festival. Retrieved on 2019-12-06.
- Adina Katz’s one woman show Be a Good Girl at the Segal Centre Mar. 6-11, The Suburban, 2019-03-04. Retrieved on 2019-12-06. “Created and performed by Adina Katz, who was compelled to speak out about her personal experiences due to the other cases of sexual assault and harassment that has been publicized over the past few years. She has been developing this show since 2014, it debuted in 2018 at the Toronto Fringe Festival, and has now evolved into this latest version, fresh for the Montreal stage.”
- Janice Arnold. WOMAN RELIVES HER RAPE ONSTAGE IN CANDID SHOW, Canadian Jewish News, 2019-03-13. Retrieved on 2019-12-06. “The title refers to the message Katz received as a child, like other girls then and even now, to be nice and look pretty – all those dos and don’ts that will make them pleasing to men. She was fed the Cinderella dream of finding her Prince Charming and living happily ever after.”
- Andee Shuster. BWW Previews: BE A GOOD GIRL at Segal Centre, Broadway World, 2019-03-05. Retrieved on 2019-12-06. “Well, one more actress has joined the #MeToo ranks and has turned her own experiences into art. Having garnered lots of attention at the Toronto Fringe Fest, Adina Katz brings her solo performance of Be a Good Girl to Montreal audiences at The Segal Centre March 6-11.”
- Anja Kundacina. Canadian Actress Bullied Ruthlessly After Getting Misidentified In Scheer Campaign Video: Adina Katz says she's deeply hurt by the misinformed accusations., Narcity, 2019-08-14. Retrieved on 2019-12-06. “Adina told The Montreal Gazette, 'I know I’m sensitive, but it really touched a nerve when people accused me of pretending to be a cancer survivor. My father died of cancer, two of my uncles died of cancer and my friends have died of cancer.'”
- Montreal actress faces barrage of hate after being falsely ID'd as woman in Andrew Scheer video, As it happens, 2019-08-12. Retrieved on 2019-12-06. “But the apologies are too little, too late, says Katz. 'I'm not satisfied with their apologies because they're not really genuinely taking responsibility for their actions of one human to another, or a group of humans to another,' she said.”