Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
The classic texts on computer programming algorithms include three volumes written by Donald Knuth collectively titled "The Art of Computer Programming" (ISBN 0201485419).
- Thomas H. Cormen, Charles E. Leiserson, Ronald L. Rivest, Clifford Stein. (2009) Introduction to Algorithms. 3rd. edition. MIT Press. ISBN 978-0-262-03384-8. | Read first 50 pages online; includes TOC. | Extensive Google Books preview of 2nd. edition, 2001.
- "Before there were computers, there were algorithms. But now that there are computers, there are even more algorithms, and algorithms lie at the heart of computing...This book provides a comprehensive introduction to the modem study of computer algorithms. It presents many algorithms and covers them in considerable depth, yet makes their design and analysis accessible to all levels of readers. We have tried to keep explanations elementary without sacrificing depth of coverage or mathematical rigor."
Other references include:
- Berlinski, David (2000-01). The advent of the algorithm : the idea that rules the world. New York: Harcourt. ISBN 9780151003389.
- Ellis Horowitz and Sartaj Sahni (1978). Fundamentals of computer algorithms.