Antisocial personality disorder/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Antisocial personality disorder, or pages that link to Antisocial personality disorder or to this page or whose text .
- Psychology : The study of systemic properties of the brain and their relation to behaviour.
- Psychiatry : The subfield of health sciences concerned with mental disorders.
- Personality : Add brief definition or description
- Personality disorder : A category of mental illness characterized by rigid and on-going patterns of thought and action, sometimes referred to as "fixed fantasies".
- American Psychiatric Association : A professional society for physicians who specialize in the treatment of mental disorders.
- Asperger's syndrome : A pervasive developmental condition related to autism.
- Avoidant personality disorder : A personality disorder characterized by a pervasive pattern of social inhibition, feelings of inadequacy, extreme sensitivity to negative evaluation and avoidance of social interaction.
- Borderline personality disorder : A personality disorder marked by a pattern of instability of interpersonal relationships, self-image, and affects, and marked impulsivity beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts. (National Library of Medicine)
- Dependent personality disorder : Condition characterized by a pervasive psychological dependence on other people
- Histrionic personality disorder : A personality disorder characterized by an exaggerated display of emotion to gain attention and sympathy.
- Kansas v. Crane : A 2002 decision of the Supreme Court of the United States, ruling that a person could not be adjudicated a sexual predator and put in indefinite medical confinement, purely on assessment of an emotional disorder, but such action required proof of a likelihood of uncontrollable impulse presenting a clear and present danger.
- Narcissistic personality disorder : A personality disorder characterized by an extreme focus on oneself.
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder : Personality disorder characterized by inflexibility, rigid conformity to rules and procedures, perfectionism, moral code, and/or excessive orderliness.
- Paranoid personality disorder : a Behavioral disorder characterized by an exaggerated sensitivity to rejection, resentfulness, distrust, and an inclination to distort experiences and events
- Schizoid personality disorder : A personality disorder characterized by a lack of interest in social relationships, a solitary lifestyle and emotional coldness.
- Schizotypal personality disorder : A personality disorder characterized by social isolation, as well the exhibition of odd behavior and thinking, often accompanied by unconventional belief systems.