Mathematical biology/Related Articles
< Mathematical biology(Redirected from Biology's next microscope: Mathematics/Related Articles)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Mathematical biology, or pages that link to Mathematical biology or to this page or whose text .
- Science : The organized body of knowledge based on non–trivial refutable concepts that can be verified or rejected on the base of observation and experimentation
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- Mathematics : The study of quantities, structures, their relations, and changes thereof.
- Evolutionary algorithm : Add brief definition or description
- Game theory : A field of mathematics commonly associated with economics that provides models for behavior in many diverse situations, and is used in many academic fields from politics to computer science.
- Evolutionary fitness : Add brief definition or description
- Evolutionary stable strategy : A game theory strategy having the property that once adopted by a community, departures from it are unlikely to be widely adopted.
- Computational biology : The study of biological systems by computational means
- Population biology : The study of life at the species level.
- Statistical biology : Add brief definition or description
- Systems biology : The study of biological systems as a whole.
- Biological mathematics : The subdiscipline of biology that explores and exploits the use of biological systems to perform mathematical/computational operations and achieve solutions to mathematical/computational problems — in particular, DNA computing.
- Biology's next microscope: Mathematics : A scientific discussion about the mutual interaction between mathematics and biology.
- Bioinformatics : The study of (usually molecular) biological systems by computational means.
- Biophysics : The study of forces and energies in biological systems.
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Microscope : An instrument that magnifies the image of small objects such that they become observable by humans.
- The number sense : Add brief definition or description
- Theoretical medicine : Add brief definition or description
- Computational medicine : Add brief definition or description
- Computational neuroscience : Add brief definition or description
- Pattern formation : Add brief definition or description
- Pattern recognition : Add brief definition or description