- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Zhou HX (2011). "What is biophysics?". BMC Biol 9: 13. DOI:10.1186/1741-7007-9-13. Research Blogging.
- Rose MR, Oakley TH (2007). "The new biology: beyond the Modern Synthesis". Biol Direct 2: 30. DOI:10.1186/1745-6150-2-30. PMID 18036242. PMC PMC2222615. Research Blogging.
- Perhaps best appreciated by reading the reviews first, which are publicly available.
- First paragraph of Eugene Koonin's review (published alongside with the paper, as is custom at Biology Direct):
"This is an ambitious, even super-ambitious paper. The subject is, no more, no less, the change of the very character of modern biology that, according to Rose and Oakley, has taken place (or, perhaps, is still taking place) at the end of the 20th and the beginning of the 21st centuries. I think the authors are, generally, correct in their claim that such a crucial transformation of biology, indeed, has occurred. Many biologists, of course, intuit this change but few seem to rationalize it. Therefore, this is, potentially, a paper of unusual importance, perhaps, an eye opener of sorts to many."
- Mielczarek, E.V. (2006). "Physical frontiers in biology". American Journal of Physics 74: 375. DOI:10.1119/1.2174054. Research Blogging.