< BlogJump to navigation Jump to search
- Internet : International "network of networks" that connects computers together through the Internet Protocol Suite and supports applications like Email and the World Wide Web.
- World Wide Web : A global collection of information presented in the form of documents hosted on networked computers and available to the public.
- Web 2.0 : A description of the WWW that allows for greater social interaction between producers and consumers, authors and readers of content, to the point where such distinctions become meaningless.
- Online community : An online community is a group of people who are closely interacting mainly online, with a shared, unifying goal for the whole group.
- Blog post : A list of blogs which another blogger finds interesting.
- Blog roll : An individual entry in a blog.
- Blogger (person) : Someone who writes entries for one or more blogs.
- Blogging platform : Add brief definition or description
- Blog carnival : An event that takes place on a group of blogs, usually centred around a specific topic.
- Blogware : Software used to operate a blog.
- Blogger (online platform) : Weblog publishing and hosting service owned by Google.
- Fatblogging : An online weight loss blogging phenomenon identified by Jason Calacanis circa 2007.
- Microblogging : The practice of making short pieces of information (a few words or phrases, often with links and sorted in chronological order) public on a regular basis.
- Science blogging : A blogging platform for scientific topics.
- Researchblogging : A platform that aggregates blog posts about articles published in academic journals.
- Henry Farrell : Associate professor of political science and international affairs at George Washington University; critic of political attacks on academic expression, of which he considers David Horowitz an exemplar; runs CrookedTimber blog and researches online communities' interactions with politics as well as the use of institutional theory in understanding social capital
- Meta-moderation system : Add brief definition or description
- Content Management System : Software systems aiming at helping people to dynamically create and maintain web sites.
- Journalism : Practice of writing about daily events of interest to people - politics, international affairs, sports, etc.
- Online journalism : Add brief definition or description
- Blockheads : A person, according to Dr. Samuel Johnson, who writes for any reason other than money.
- Open access : Add brief definition or description
- Publishing : Add brief definition or description
- Science 2.0 : Add brief definition or description
- Slashdot : Add brief definition or description
- Wiki : Add brief definition or description