CZ:Health Sciences Workgroup
Use the Forum or article Talk pages for communications.
|Health Sciences article||All articles (2,159)||To Approve (0)||Editors: active (2) / inactive (56)
Authors: active (256) / inactive (0)
|Citable Articles (10)|
Missing subpage categories:
The purpose of the Health Sciences Workgroup is to coordinate the community of experts and non-experts alike on improving Citizendium articles related to the health sciences, including the practice of medicine and the allied health sciences. All people are invited to help out! Authors interested in this workgroup can add Category:Health Sciences Authors to their user page. Don't forget to look at our forum!
Help plan Health Sciences Week!
- User:Stefano Bartoletti
- User:Howard C. Berkowitz
- User:Aric S. Campling (talk pages only so far)
- User:Thomas Simmons
- User:Mikael Häggström
- User:Oliver Hauss
- User:Tom Kelly
- User:Trevor Walker (no edits so far, but only registered in August)
- User:Matti Weckström (only one edit)
- User:Greg Woodhouse
- User:David E. Volk
- User: Ditza Katz
- User: Pierre-Alain Gouanvic
- User: Michael Benjamin
Click on the [r] after the first definition below to edit this list of transcluded subtopics.
- Health science : The helping professions that use applied science to improve health and to treat disease.
- Medicine : The study of health and disease of the human body.
- Surgery : Field of medicine that focuses on operative treatments of the body.
Which articles do we need?
Here are some indications of the articles that internet users especially want:
Most popular search terms from Lycos
|Top Ailments||Top Cancers||Top Dental Terms||Top Organs|
WebMD Top Health topics
"WebMD Editors determine the topics and placement on (their) lists..." Information from www.webmd.com from 5/10/07
If you are interested in seeing a particular article in this section being created, improved, or reviewed, feel free to add them to this list.
- Myocardial Infarction
- Infant growth and development
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome
- Sexually transmitted disease
Tools to help health science editing
- Diberri citation tool
- WikEd add on for FireFox browser. This provides color coding to the wiki markup while it is being edited.
- Template:Infobox Disease
- Example of use: Breast cancer
- Template:DailyMed (FDA approved drug labels)
- Example of use: Warfarin (see external links section)
- Not needed if Template:Infobox Disease used.
- Example of use: Allergic rhinitis
- Template:MedMaster (Patient Drug Information)
- Example of use: Doxycycline
- Example of use: Biogenic amine receptor
- Example of use: Symptom
- Example of use: see Ketoconazole