Chinese characters/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Chinese characters, or pages that link to Chinese characters or to this page or whose text .
- Writing system : A set of signs used to represent a language, such as an alphabet, or a set of rules used to write a language, such as conventions of spelling and punctuation.
- Orthography : Art or study of correct spelling and grammar according to established usage.
- Syllabary : Add brief definition or description
- Syllable : Unit of organisation in phonology that divides speech sounds or sign language movements into groups to which phonological rules may apply.
- Chinese language : Collective term for varieties of the Sino-Tibetan language family spoken in China; linguistically several different languages, but in broad cultural terms often seen as a single form.
- Mandarin language : (traditional Chinese 官話, simplified 官话; pinyin Guānhuà) Sino-Tibetan language, the standard form of which constitutes 'Standard Chinese'; world's largest language by speakers, with approximately 900,000,000 users.
- Cantonese language : Add brief definition or description
- Kanji : (漢字) Chinese-derived characters used to write some elements of the Japanese language.
- Hanja : Add brief definition or description
- Han tu : Add brief definition or description
- Korean language : Add brief definition or description
- Vietnamese language : "The Mon-Khmer language that is spoken by the majority of people in Vietnam."
- Japanese language : (日本語 Nihongo), Japonic language spoken mostly in Japan; Japonic family's linguistic relationship to other tongues yet to be established, though Japanese may be related to Korean; written in a combination of Chinese-derived characters (漢字 kanji) and native hiragana (ひらがな) and katakana (カタカナ) scripts; about 125,000,000 native speakers worldwide.
- Hiragana : (ひらがな) one of three scripts used in the Japanese writing system, representing moras (units similar to syllables); typically used to write grammatical particles or explicitly indicate pronunciation.
- Katakana : (カタカナ) one of three scripts used in the Japanese writing system, representing moras (units similar to syllables); typically used to write loanwords or explicitly indicate pronunciation.