Common operational picture/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Common operational picture, or pages that link to Common operational picture or to this page or whose text .
- Situational awareness : The state of being aware of all relevant information in one's environment, prioritizing the information, and not being distracted by irrelevancies
- Command and control : The combination of lawful authority over people and resources, coupled with the methods of directing their execution of missions and tasks directed at goals set by that authority
- Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System : A U.S. Army and Marine artillery fire control system that cooperates with Navy and Air Force fire control systems, as well as British, French, Italian and German artillery systems.
- Blue Force Tracker : A U.S. military command and control system, including soldier- and vehicle-level workstations, originally designed for battalion and brigade, but, with network improvements, capable of reaching to higher headquarters and rear areas
- Cooperative Engagement Capability : A distributed computing and communications system principally aboard U.S. Navy warships, more than the AEGIS battle management system is often called. As opposed to the Joint Tactical Information Distribution System it does not share only the processed data from single sensors on single platforms, but shares a mutually computed model fusing all sensors
- Forward Area Air Defense : A U.S. military command and control system for managing air defense, which includes both artillery/air deconfliction and counter-rocket, artillery and mortar missions, near the main battle line, typically under brigade control
- Deconfliction : The process of avoiding mutual interference, or destruction, among resources under one's control
- E-3 Sentry : Airborne warning and control system (AWACS) aircraft, equipped with a large radar and a battle staff, which can detect aircraft and control combat.
- Joint Tactical Information Distribution System : The primary communications system used for sharing tactical information internally, and among NATO, Australia, and other U.S. allies
- Fratricide (military) : The killing of one's brother, but in a military context, the killing of one's own forces ("friendly fire").
- Future Combat Systems : An cancelled development program,including a variety of military systems, including armored fighting vehicles, unmanned ground vehicles, artillery, precision guided munitions and unmanned aerial vehicles; was an evolutionary step in the restructuring of the United States Army and tailored to the brigade combat team organizational structure but will continue partially in the Brigade Combat Team Modernization
- Naval Fire Control System : Also known as the AN/SYQ-27, this is a system for assisting U.S. Navy and NATO gunfire support ashore, taking and deconflicting calls for fires, and passing signals to the actual gun system.
- Swarming (military) : A method of military attacking using multiple attack forces against an opponent, which act in an autonomous but synchronized manner, with real-time communications for their coordination