- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Panizzon, M.S.; C. Fennema-Notestine & L.T. Eyler et al. (2009), "Distinct Genetic Influences on Cortical Surface Area and Cortical Thickness", Cerebral Cortex (in press), DOI:10.1093/cercor/bhp026
- A brain morphometric analysis of neuroimaging data from the Vietnam Era Twin Registry, demonstrating that cortical thickness and cortical surface area contribute independently to total cortical gray matter in human adult males. This goes conform with the idea of ontogentic columns in the cerebral cortex: The number of cells within such a column would be reflected in cortical thickness, while the number of columns would be reflected in cortical surface area.
- Scott, M. (2009), "A fast, model-independent method for cerebral cortical thickness estimation using MRI", Medical Image Analysis: in press, DOI:10.1016/j.media.2008.10.006
- Hutton, C.; E. De Vita & J. Ashburner et al. (2008), "Voxel-based cortical thickness measurements in MRI", Neuroimage 40: 1701-1710, DOI:10.1016/j.neuroimage.2008.01.027
- Wonderlick, J. (2008), "Reliability of MRI-derived cortical and subcortical morphometric measures: Effects of pulse sequence, voxel geometry, and parallel imaging", NeuroImage, DOI:10.1016/j.neuroimage.2008.10.037
- Provides a reliability analysis of voxel-based MR morphometric data by comparing MR-based measures obtained from 11 healthy human volunteers, scanned twice (two weeks apart) with four different T1-weighted MP-RAGE pulse sequences.
"Reliability was extremely high for most measures and similar across imaging parameters. Significant measurement bias was observed, however, between MPR and all isotropic sequences for all cortical regions and some subcortical structures. These results suggest that these improvements in MRI acquisition technology do not compromise data reproducibility, but that consistency should be maintained in choosing imaging parameters for structural MRI studies."
- Park, H.J.; T. Youn & S.O. Jeong et al. (2008), "SENSE factors for reliable cortical thickness measurement", Neuroimage 35: 531, DOI:10.1016/j.neuroimage.2007.01.001
- Fornito, A.; S.J. Wood & S. Whittle et al. (2008), "Variability of the paracingulate sulcus and morphometry of the medial frontal cortex: Associations with cortical thickness, surface area, volume, and sulcal depth", Human Brain Mapping 29 (2): 222, DOI:10.1002/hbm.20381
- Narr, Katherine L.; Woods, Roger P.; Thompson, Paul M.; Szeszko, Philip; Robinson, Delbert; Dimtcheva, Teodora; Gurbani, Mala; Toga, Arthur W.; Bilder, Robert M. (2007), "Relationships between IQ and Regional Cortical Gray Matter Thickness in Healthy Adults", Cerebral Cortex 17 (9): 2163, DOI:10.1093/cercor/bhl125
- Altamura, C.; M.L. Dell'acqua & R. Moessner et al. (2007), "Altered Neocortical Cell Density and Layer Thickness in Serotonin Transporter Knockout Mice: A Quantitation Study", Cerebral Cortex 17 (6): 1394–401, DOI:10.1093/cercor/bhl051
- Haidar, H. & J.S. Soul (2006), "Measurement of Cortical Thickness in 3D Brain MRI Data: Validation of the Laplacian Method", Journal of Neuroimaging 16 (2): 146–153, DOI:10.1111/j.1552-6569.2006.00036.x
- Im, K.; J.M. Lee & U. Yoon et al. (2006), "Fractal dimension in human cortical surface: multiple regression analysis with cortical thickness, sulcal depth, and folding area", Hum Brain Mapp 27 (12): 994–1003, DOI:10.1002/hbm.20238
- Shaw P, Greenstein D, Lerch J, Clasen L, Lenroot R, Gogtay N et al. (2006). "Intellectual ability and cortical development in children and adolescents". Nature 440 (7084): 676-9. DOI:10.1038/nature04513. PMID 16572172. Research Blogging.
- Provides data indicating that the level of intelligence during child development correlates more closely with the rate of change of the cortical thickness than with cortical thickness itself.
- Lerch, J.P. & A.C. Evans (2005), "Cortical thickness analysis examined through power analysis and a population simulation", Neuroimage 24 (1): 163–173, DOI:10.1016/j.neuroimage.2004.07.045
- Kabani, N.; G. Le Goualher & D. MacDonald et al. (2001), "Measurement of Cortical Thickness Using an Automated 3-D Algorithm: A Validation Study", Neuroimage 13 (2): 375–380, DOI:10.1006/nimg.2000.0652