Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The accents show stress and pronunciation (see English spellings): A: sát, mâde, pàrk, cāst (cást/càst), åll, ãir; E: ére, êar, vèin, fërn; I: sít, mîne, skì, bïrd; O: sóng, môde, lòve, wörd, ŏr; OO: moôn, foòt; U: sún, mûse, fùll, pürr; W: neŵ, ẁant; Y: gým, mŷ, keỳ, mÿrrh.
|Use in English|
|Alphabetical word list|
In the navigation table above:
- The top row links to articles on letters of the alphabet, and their use in English
- The second row links to alphabetically arranged selections of commonly misspelt or mispronounced English words, alongside some regular ones for contrast
- The third row links to a similar list arranged retroalphabetically, i.e. alphabetically by final instead of initial letters
- The bottom row links to an alphabetical list of common misspellings/typos, with their corrections
Otherwise-identical capital-letter versions of words, as used in names of people, places, etc., are not usually included if the pronunciation is the same, e.g. Dây has the same pronunciation as dây.