Federation of Straight Chiropractors and Organizations
The Federation of Straight Chiropractors and Organizations (FSCO) is a national organization in the USA that seeks to represent straight chiropractors (those who confine their treatments to correcting subluxations) and straight chiropractic affiliate organizations. Its motto, "Vertebral subluxation Correction: Nothing More, Nothing Less, Nothing Else" reflects its definition of "Straight Chiropractic" as "a vitalistic philosophy, science, and art which consists solely of the non-therapeutic objective of locating, analyzing and assisting in the correction of vertebral subluxations, because they are detrimental to the expression of innate intelligence." Its goals are to assist straight chiropractors in the promotion, protection and advancement of straight chiropractic, and to facilitate public access to, and knowledge of, straight chiropractic.
No straight chiropractic affiliate organizations are listed on the FCSO website.
The term "Objective Straight Chiropractic", which first appeared in the book Refined By Fire: The Evolution of Straight Chiropractic in 1994, is used to describe a group within the chiropractic community that represents a very narrow, single purpose or "objective" to the practice of chiropractic. This approach began formally with the creation of the FSCO in 1976, and when Sherman College of Chiropractic changed its name to Sherman College of Straight Chiropractic. At the time, no other schools or organizations used the term "straight" in their name. However, after that a number of other chiropractic organizations also claimed they were straight; they began to refer to the FSCO and Sherman as 'super straights' as well as "by other, less kind, names". 
The Portland Project
The FCSO hosts "The Portland Project" which seeks to foster the values and sense of identity among straight chiropractors. Those "core values" are stated by them as follows:
"1. We recognize and respect a Universal Intelligence in all matter and an Innate Intelligence within all living organisms that strives to promote health and vitality. If uninhibited, this Innate Intelligence will express optimal well being.
2. We recognize that the practice of Chiropractic focuses on the relationship between structure (biomechanical structures of the spine) and function (as coordinated by the neural system) and the role of that relationship in the restoration and promotion of health.
3. We recognize that Vertebral Subluxations compromise the expression of Innate Intelligence, and that assisting in the prevention and reduction of Vertebral Subluxations will facilitate and promote the expression of optimal health and a better Quality of Life.
4. We are passionately committed to the individual's holistic well being and emphasize that the Innate Intelligence the inherent recuperative power of the body has the ability to heal, without the use of drugs, surgery or other invasive procedures.
5. We respect the value and the importance of intellectual honesty, scientific and academic excellence and the adherence of integrity in serving the individual, the community and the Chiropractic profession."
The project promotes Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research, a peer-reviewed journal, as the primary research vehicle relevant to straight chiropractic.
- Federation of Straight Chiropractors and Organizations website
- Strauss JB (1994) Refined By Fire: The Evolution of Straight Chiropractic, Foundation for the Advancement of Chiropractic Education, ASIN B0006PAWHU
- Sherman College of Straight Chiropractic
- Position Paper One - What is Objective Straight Chiropractic?Foundation for the Advancement of Chiropractic Education
- Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research