Field (mathematics)/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Field (mathematics), or pages that link to Field (mathematics) or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Field (mathematics). Needs checking by a human.
- Abstract algebra : Branch of mathematics that studies structures such as groups, rings, and fields.
- Algebraic number field : A field extension of the rational numbers of finite degree; a principal object of study in algebraic number theory.
- Algebraic number : A complex number that is a root of a polynomial with rational coefficients.
- Algebra : A branch of mathematics concerning the study of structure, relation and quantity.
- Bra-ket notation : The notation ⟨ψ|φ⟩ for the inner product of ψ and φ, and related notations.
- Complex number : Numbers of the form a+bi, where a and b are real numbers and i denotes a number satisfying .
- Dedekind domain : A Noetherian domain, integrally closed in its field of fractions, of which every prime ideal is maximal.
- Division ring : (or skew field), In algebra it is a ring in which every non-zero element is invertible.
- Dual space : The space formed by all functionals defined on a given space.
- Elliptic curve : An algebraic curve of genus one with a group structure; a one-dimensional abelian variety.
- Field automorphism : An invertible function from a field onto itself which respects the field operations of addition and multiplication.
- Field extension : A field containing a given field as a subfield.
- Fraction (mathematics) : A concept used to convey a proportional relation between a part and the whole consisting of a numerator (an integer — the part) and a denominator (a natural number — the whole).
- Group (mathematics) : Set with a binary associative operation such that the operation admits an identity element and each element of the set has an inverse element for the operation.
- Integer : The positive natural numbers (1, 2, 3, …), their negatives (−1, −2, −3, ...) and the number zero.
- Linear map : Function between two vector spaces that preserves the operations of vector addition and scalar multiplication.
- Mathematics : The study of quantities, structures, their relations, and changes thereof.
- Matrix inverse : The equivalent of the reciprocal defined for certain matrices.
- Normal extension : A field extension which contains all the roots of an irreducible polynomial if it contains one such root.
- Number : One of the fundamental concepts of mathematics, used for such purposes as counting, ordering, and measuring.
- Ordered field : A field with a total order which is compatible with the algebraic operations.
- Polynomial : A formal expression obtained from constant numbers and one or indeterminates; the function defined by such a formula.
- Quadratic equation : An equation of the form ax2 + bx + c = 0 where a, b and c are constants.
- Rational number : Add brief definition or description
- Real number : Add brief definition or description
- Ring (mathematics) : Add brief definition or description
- Scheme (mathematics) : Add brief definition or description
- Space (mathematics) : Add brief definition or description
- Structure (mathematical logic) : Add brief definition or description
- Trace (mathematics) : Add brief definition or description
- Vector field : Add brief definition or description
- Vector space : Add brief definition or description