< FishJump to navigation Jump to search
- Organism : An individual living individual: a complex, adaptive physical system that acts a integrated unit that sustains metabolism and reproduces progeny that resemble it.
- Animal : A multicellular organism that feeds on other organisms, and is distinguished from plants, fungi, and unicellular organisms.
- Chordata : Add brief definition or description
- Vertebrata : Add brief definition or description
- Gnathostomata : Add brief definition or description
- Cyprinids : Any fish in the family Cyprinidae (also called Cypriniformes).
- Characins : Family of freshwater subtropical and tropical fish, belonging to the order Characiformes.
- Cichlids : Pronounced 'SICK lids', family Cichlidae, various tropical/subtropical fishes, some popular for home aquariums.
- Anabantids : Fish with a breathing organ enabling them to use atmospheric air gulped at the surface.
- Killifishes : Name for around 300 members of the family Cyprinodontidae that inhabit a great variety of waters including ephemeral ponds, brackish marshes, lakes, and rivers of the Americas, Africa, Asia, and warmer parts of Europe.
- Catfishes : Family of fish containing around 2,000 members.
- Loaches : Air-gulping, flat-bottomed fish families in the Cypriniforme order with an erectile spine between the eyes.
- Monotypic tropical egg-laying fish : Add brief definition or description
- Livebearing fish : Type of fish native to the Americas and east Asia which have been introduced into other tropical areas to combat malaria as they eat the waterborne larvae of disease-carrying mosquitoes.
- Coldwater freshwater fishes : Add brief definition or description
- Tropical marine fishes : Add brief definition or description
- Coldwater marine fishes : Add brief definition or description
- Agkistrodon piscivorus conanti : A subspecies of the cottonmouth (Agkistrodon piscivorus) found east of the Mississippi River.
- Commercial fishing : The harvesting of edible marine life on a commercial basis, usually using purpose-built vessels and equipment
- Cryoprotectant : A substance that protects biological tissue from freezing damage.
- Ectothermy : Add brief definition or description
- Food : Any edible substance ingested (eaten) by living creatures for the purpose of obtaining energy and nutrients and so sustaining life.
- Pet : Add brief definition or description
- Recipe : Add brief definition or description
- Sushi : Add brief definition or description