< FolkloreJump to navigation Jump to search
Folklore: The body of myths, legends, and traditional beliefs of a people or the study of those beliefs.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Cultural anthropology : Add brief definition or description
- : The theoretical study of human cultures and societies.
- Fairy tale : A story with magical or supernatural elements, in either oral tradition or written literature.
- Folk music : A kind of popular music which is based on traditional music and instruments.
- Proverb : Add brief definition or description
- Legend : A traditional story purporting to relate to historical people and/or events.
- Literature : The profession of “letters” (from Latin litteras), and written texts considered as aesthetic and expressive objects.
- Culture area : A region, in anthropology, in which the environment and cultures are very similar.
- : The scientific collection of data regarding culture and society, generally entailing direct engagement with the culture or society under study.
- Ethnic group : A population whose members identify with one another as distinct from others. This usually occurs through a perceived common history, and often also includes shared culture, race, religion, or language.
- Cult : Religious sect or group that is relatively limited in size and often considered to be particularly dangerous, manipulative or all-encompassing.
- Mythology : The study of myths and sagas.
- Ritual : Set of actions, performed mainly for their symbolic value, which is prescribed by a convention or by the traditions of a community.