Future Combat Systems/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Future Combat Systems, or pages that link to Future Combat Systems or to this page or whose text .
- Restructuring of the United States Army : A major doctrinal and organization redesign of the United States Army, with its chief feature being moving from the division to the Brigade Combat Team and new supporting brigade structures as the basic Unit of Action
- Warfighter Information Network–Tactical : Deployed in several increments of increasing capability, this is the partially deplyed tactical communications system for the U.S. Army, which have far more bandwidth and is becoming a mobile "on the move" self-organizing network; sometimes called the "tactical internet" Through the Army Battle Command System, it interfaces to the Global Information Grid.
- XM1201 Reconnaissance and Surveillance Vehicle : Add brief definition or description
- XM1202 Mounted Combat System : Future Combat Systems vehicle, designed for the U.S. Army, which combines aspects of a combat engineering vehicle and a Mobile Gun System
- XM1203 NLOS cannon : Advanced experimental 155mm howitzer of the cancelled U.S. Army Future Combat Systems
- Multiple Round Simultaneous Impact : A technique in which a single cannon can put a burst of multiple projectiles in the air, with trajectories calculated such that they will impact near-simultaneously.
- XM1204 NLOS mortar : (NLOS-M) an advanced 120mm mortar carrier in the U.S. Army Future Combat Systems project, cancelled in 2009 with other FCS manned ground vehicles (NLOS-M)
- XM1205 Recovery and Maintenance Vehicle : Add brief definition or description(FRMV)
- XM1206 Infantry Carrier Vehicle : Add brief definition or description
- XM1207 Medical Vehicle (Evacuation) : Add brief definition or description (MV-E)
- XM1208 Medical Vehicle (Treatment) : Add brief definition or description (MV-T)
- XM1209 Command and Control Vehicle) : Add brief definition or description
- XM501 NLOS launch system) : Add brief definition or description
- Intra-squad radio : Short-range radios, of varying levels of capability, intended to be issued to every infantry soldier and used for communication among members of a squad; newer versions provide real-time location information as well as hands-free voice
- Assault Breacher Vehicle : U.S. Marine Corps vehicle remanufactured from M1 Abrams tanks for combat engineers to use in penetrating obstacles, standard minefields, and areas with improvised explosive devices
- Howitzer : An artillery piece with a medium ratio between barrel length and diameter; longer than a mortar and shorter than a gun; the most common form of modern cannon
- Mortar : A piece of artillery, sometimes light enough to be carried by infantry, which has a short barrel length relative to the shell caliber, and fires in a high indirect trajectory, often desirable to fire over obstacles.
- M1 Abrams (tank) : Heavily armed and armored but expensive and heavy, main battle tank, designed for the United States Army, and used by the United States Marine Corps and several allies; proven from the Gulf War onwards.
- M2 Bradley (armored fighting vehicle) : A family of armored fighting vehicles, with roles including infantry fighting vehicle, scouting, forward observer, and other functions in a platform sufficiently survivable to accompany the M1 Abrams tank, although needing more protection
- M729 Combat Engineer Vehicle : Add brief definition or description
- Starship Troopers (book) : Add brief definition or description