Gene flow/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Gene flow, or pages that link to Gene flow or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Gene flow. Needs checking by a human.
- Allele : A specific sequence of a gene, and one of a pair in a diploid cell (one per chromosome).
- Biodiversity : The study of the range of life forms in a given ecosystem.
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- Evolution : A change over time in the proportions of individual organisms differing genetically.
- Gene : The functional unit of heredity.
- Horizontal gene transfer : Transfer of genetic material to a being other than one of the donor's offspring.
- Malaria : A tropical infectious disease, caused by protozoa carried by mosquitoes, which is the world's worst insect vector-borne disease
- Microsatellite : Polymorphic loci present in nuclear and organellar DNA that consist of repeating units of 1-6 base pairs in length.
- Natural selection : The differential survival and/or reproduction of classes of entities that differ in one or more characteristics
- Plant breeding : The purposeful manipulation of plant species in order to create desired genotypes and phenotypes for specific purposes, such as food production, forestry, and horticulture.
- Sewall Wright : (1889–1988) A American geneticist known for his work on evolutionary theory and path analysis and one of the founders of theoretical population genetics.
- Species (biology) : A fundamental unit of biological classification - a set of individual organisms that produce fertile offspring.