Georgette Heyer/External Links
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner and consider archiving the URLs behind the links you provide. See also related web sources.
- Georgette Heyer Is Dead at 71: Wrote Regency England Novels. New York Times obituary, July 6, 1974.
- Heyer Novel Chronology on georgette-heyer.com, a website which grew out of an earlier Heyer list-serv. This page attempts to use clues from within the novels to determine the year in which the fictional events are set.
- The Georgette Heyer Podcast: Georgette Heyer's Regency romances discussed book-by-amazing-book available on Spotify, Amazon Music, Apple, etc. Last access 1/3/2023.
- ‘You Can’t Hide It’: Georgette Heyer and the Perils of Posthumous Revision by Alexandra Alter on the New York Times website, Oct. 30, 2023. "A new edition of the best selling romance writer’s 1950 novel removes blatant Jewish stereotypes, stirring debate about whether to tinker with older works."
- How I Fell Back in Love...with Georgette Heyer essay by a Niles-Maine District Library librarian, Niles, IL, Oct. 2, 2020.
- She was the Agatha Christie of romance novels. You’ve probably never heard of her. When will Hollywood discover Georgette Heyer? by Aja Romano in Vox Mar 11, 2022.
- Author Recommendation: Georgette Heyer essay by Yonkers, NJ public librarian Shana Rosenfield. "I proceeded to borrow all that the (Heyers the) library had, and buy any that the local bookstore had in paperback." Last access 1/3/2023.
- OverDrive is a service that makes ebooks available to public libraries and to individuals; to use it, a logon account is needed (available through many libraries), or you can make a (free) account there for yourself.
- Project Gutenberg is a non-profit that scans books which are in the public domain and makes them available as free downloads for anyone in a variety of formats.