History of computing/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to History of computing, or pages that link to History of computing or to this page or whose text .
- Computer : A machine that executes a sequence of instructions.
- Abacus : A mechanical aid to performing arithmetic which dates back many centuries and is still used in modern times.
- Claude Shannon : (1916-2001) American theoretical mathematician, founder of information theory.
- Konrad Zuse : Early German computer designer (b. 1910, d. 1995).
- Personal computer : A computer whose price, size, and features make it suitable for personal use.
- Central processing unit : The component in an electronic computer that performs all the active processing of its programming directions, and manipulation of data; this includes performing calculations on numbers, and determining which particular steps to perform.