Israel-Palestine Conflict/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Israel-Palestine Conflict, or pages that link to Israel-Palestine Conflict or to this page or whose text .
- Arab-Israeli Conflict : The series of wars and military tension between the State of Israel and Arab states; often includes the Israel-Palestine Conflict, a remnant of the wars between countries
- Zionism : The ideology that Jews should form a Jewish state in what is traced as the Biblical area of Palestine; there are many interpretations, including the boundaries of such a state and its criteria for citizenship
- Insurgency : A wide range of political and military actions intended to change a government, through means considered illegal by that government.
- State of Israel : Country established from the British Mandate of Palestine; declared independence in 1948.
- Palestinian Authority : The elected government, not fully sovereign, of the Occupied Territories of Palestine
- West Bank : Areas on the West Bank of the Jordan River, assigned to Jordan by the United Nations resolution that partitioned the British Mandate of Palestine, which have been under Israeli control since the 1967 Arab-Israeli War
- East Jerusalem : Add brief definition or description
- Gaza Strip : 26-mile-long Middle Eastern coastal region long the Mediterranean Sea, bordering Egypt and Israel; population about 1.4 million Palestinian people, governed by Hamas since June 2007.
- Abu Nidal Organization : A now-inactive, but much feared in the 1980s, secular Arab nationalist group in the Middle East, whose primary enemies were the State of Israel and the Palestine Liberation Organization
- Fatah : Add brief definition or description
- Hamas : The most powerful political and military organization in the Occupied Territories, especially the Gaza Strip; offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood but not Salafism
- Palestine Liberation Front : Palestinian terrorist group, political rather than Islamist, formed in 1958, part of many alliances, and now generally inactive
- Palestine Liberation Organization : The umbrella political organization including most of the Palestinian Authority political parties other than Hamas; effectively dominated by Fatah
- Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine : Palestinian Marxist terrorist organization, founded in the 1970s, variously at odds with and allied to Yasser Arafat and the Palestine Liberation Organization; Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine and Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command split from this group
- Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command : Marxist Palestinian terrorist organization that split from the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine in 1968
- Israeli Defense Forces : The combined ground, air, and naval armed forces of the state of Israel
- 1948 Arab-Israeli War : A war initiated by neighboring Arab states shortly after the United Nations General Assembly resolution that created the State of Israel from the British Mandate of Palestine; the outnumbered but better organized Israelis eked out a military victory, in part setting up further conflict by taking control of all of partitioned Jerusalem
- 1967 Arab-Israeli War : Often called the "Six Days War", a decisive Israeli victory, starting with a preemptive attack, against Arab states preparing for battle; the West Bank, East Jerusalem, Gaza Strip and Golan Heights were captured
- 1973 Arab-Israeli War : Add brief definition or description
- 2009 Gaza conflict : Operation Cast Lead by Israeli Defense Forces moving into Gaza, and the effects of this operation
- Intifada : An Arabic word which literally translates to "shaking off", but in has the same meaning as "uprising" in English; usually refers to the First Intifada and Second Intifada of the Israel-Palestine Conflict
- Hudna : Add brief definition or description
- Zero-state solution : Add brief definition or description
- Greater Israel : Add brief definition or description
- One-state solution : Add brief definition or description
- Two-state solution : Add brief definition or description
- 2006 Israeli campaign in Lebanon : Add brief definition or description
- Hezbollah : Add brief definition or description