Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- An Epistle to the Congregation of the Castle of St Andrews; with a Brief Summary of Balnaves on Justification by Faith (1548)
- A Vindication of the Doctrine that the Sacrifice of the Mass is Idolatry (1550)
- A Godly Letter of Warning or Admonition to the Faithful in London, Newcastle, and Berwick (1554)
- Certain Questions Concerning Obedience to Lawful Magistrates with Answers by Henry Bullinger (1554)
- A Faithful Admonition to the Professors of God’s Truth in England (1554)
- A Narrative of the Proceedings and Troubles of the English Congregation at Frankfurt on the Maine (1554–1555)
- A Letter to the Queen Dowager, Regent of Scotland (1556)
- A Letter of Wholesome Counsel Addressed to his Brethren in Scotland (1556)
- The Form of Prayers and Ministration of the Sacraments Used in the English Congregation at Geneva (1556)
- The First Blast of the Trumpet Against the Monstrous Regiment of Women (1558)
- A Letter to the Queen Dowager, Regent of Scotland: Augmented and Explained by the Author (1558)
- The Appellation from the Sentence Pronounced by the Bishops and Clergy: Addressed to the Nobility and Estates of Scotland (1558)
- A Letter Addressed to the Commonalty of Scotland (1558)
- On Predestination in Answer to the Cavillations by an Anabaptist (1560)
- The History of the Reformation in Scotland (1586–1587)
- Laing, David, ed. (1895), The Works of John Knox, Edinburgh: James Thin, 55 South Bridge, OCLC 5437053.
- Melville, James (1829), Diary of James Melville, Edinburgh: Bannatyne Club, OCLC 1697717.
- Brown, Peter Hume (1895), John Knox, London: Adam and Charles Black, OCLC 1982057.
- Guy, John (2004), My Heart is my Own: The Life of Mary Queen of Scots, London: Fourth Estate, ISBN 9781841157528.
- Innes, A. Taylor (1905), John Knox (Quarter-centenary ed.), Edinburgh: Oliphant, Anderson & Ferrier, OCLC 13323997.
- Kingdon, Robert M. (1995), Calvinism and resistance theory, 1550–1580, in Burns, J.H., The Cambridge History of Political Thought 1450–1700, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, ISBN 0521477727.
- MacGregor, Geddes (1957), The Thundering Scot, Philadelphia: The Westminster Press, OCLC 740182.
- Marshall, Rosalind (2000), John Knox, Edinburgh: Birlinn, ISBN 9781841580913.
- McCrie, Thomas (1850), Life of John Knox (New ed.), Edinburgh: William Blackwood and Sons, OCLC 51632868.
- Percy, Lord Eustace (1964), John Knox (2nd ed.), London: James Clarke & Co., Ltd., OCLC 1296659.
- Warnicke, Retha. M. (2006), Mary Queen of Scots, New York: Routledge, ISBN 0-415-29183-6.
- Whitley, Elizabeth (1960), Plain Mr. Knox, London: Skeffington & Son Ltd., OCLC 2475573.