Materials MASINT/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Materials MASINT, or pages that link to Materials MASINT or to this page or whose text .
- Measurement and signature intelligence : A variety of intelligence gathering disciplines complementary to the technical "mainstream" of imagery intelligence and signals intelligence.
- Antigen : A molecule that induces an immune response, such as bee pollen or proteins from viruses or bacteria.
- Biological weapon : Living organisms, or substances produced by living organisms, used as weapons to produce death or disease in human or agricultural populations
- Chemical Corps : A branch of military service concerned with detection and decontamination of chemical, biological and radiological agents; smoke generation; and, in the past, offensive chemical warfare and biological warfare
- Chemical Weapons Convention : Arms control treaty which prohibits the production, use and possession of chemical weapons and related assets.
- Chemical terrorism : Terrorism that uses the toxic effects of chemicals to kill, injure, or otherwise adversely affect its targets.
- Counterproliferation : The set of activities that detect and monitor the threat of weapons of special concern against one's own nation and one's allies.
- Spectroscopic MASINT : A electro-optical measurement and signature intelligence technique to measure the electromagnetic spectrum reflected from or emitted by an object, typically within the infrared through ultraviolet wavelength range, and compare it to spectral signatures of known objects
- Electro-optical MASINT : A subdiscipline of measurement and signature intelligence (MASINT), which has similarities to but complements imagery intelligence (IMINT); it does not form images, but validates them and produces information on phenomena that emit, absorb, or reflect electromagnetic energy in the infrared, visible light, or ultraviolet spectra, where the value is knowledge of the type of energy detected
- Geophysical MASINT : A branch of measurement and signature intelligence that involves phenomena transmitted through the earth (ground, water, atmosphere) and manmade structures including emitted or reflected sounds, pressure waves, vibrations, and magnetic field or ionosphere disturbances.
- National technical means of verification : Euphemism principally for imagery intelligence satellites and other means of strategic arms control verification, principally because the Soviet Union did not want its public to know that they could not prevent Western observation of the state
- Nuclear MASINT : A subdiscipline of measurement and signature intelligence, primarily dealing with the effects of real-time radiation events, such as nuclear explosions, radioactive clouds from accidents or terrorism, etc., or the cumulative effects of radiation, as in radiation embrittlement; closely related to materials MASINT analysis of fallout and irradiated samples
- Radar MASINT : The use of radar signals to obtain information beyond imaging of a target or its simple position, such as motion, reflectivity and surface characteristics, etc.; this technical information may be combined with imaging radar or traditional tracking radar
- Radiofrequency MASINT : Collection and processing of intelligence information derived from unintentional electromagnetic radiation from targets of interest
- Scientific and technical intelligence : In contrast to TECHINT, which is directed to specific materiel, working at a strategic/national level to study foreign materiel, professional publications and presentations, etc., to determine the level of research & development in a country, the manufacturing processes it can use, its priorities for research, etc.
- Technical intelligence : Information derived from examination, testing and analysis of foreign equipment and materiel, preferably, but not necessarily, in good working order
- U.S. intelligence analysis of patterns of infectious diseases and impacts : The United States intelligence community model for the spread and world impact of infectious disease
- U.S. intelligence and transnational counterproliferation activities : An overview over activities of the United States intelligence community, specifically dealing with arms control, weapons of mass destruction and weapons counterproliferation.
- Vietnam War military technology : Military technology in support of ground operations, including helicopters and air assault, either associated with or introduced in Vietnam, between 1962 and 1975