Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Netherlands, or pages that link to Netherlands or to this page or whose text .
- Europe : Sixth largest continent; area 10,000,000 km2; pop. 720,000,000
- European Union : Political and economic association of 27 European states.
- Holland : The western part of the Netherlands bordering the North Sea, divided into the provinces Noord Holland and Zuid Holland.
- M. C. Escher : (1898 - 1972) Dutch graphic artist.
- Jacques Goudstikker : (1897 - 1940) Jewish Dutch art dealer.
- Antonie van Leeuwenhoek : (1632 - 1723) Dutch scientist who discovered single-celled organisms.
- Johannes Diderik van der Waals : (1837 – 1923) Dutch scientist, proposed the van der Waals equation of state for gases.
- Queen Beatrix : Add brief definition or description
- Prime Minister of the Netherlands : Add brief definition or description
- Jan Peter Balkenende : Dutch politician, current Prime Minister of the Netherlands
- Foreign Minister of the Netherlands : Add brief definition or description
- Netherlands National Institute for Public Health and the Environment : A research institute that is an independent agency of the Dutch Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport and is a recognised leading center of expertise in the fields of health, nutrition and environmental protection.
- Royal Dutch Meteorological Institute : The Dutch national weather forecasting service and also the national research and information centre for climate change, air pollution dispersion modeling and seismology.
- NATO : Intergovernmental military alliance based on the North Atlantic Treaty which was signed on 4 April 1949, with its headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.