Nghe An Province/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Nghe An Province, or pages that link to Nghe An Province or to this page or whose text .
- Vietnam : A country in Southeast Asia, neighboring China, Laos, and Cambodia, and with seacoast on the Gulf of Thailand, Gulf of Tonkin, and South China Sea. Now the unified Socialist Republic of Vietnam, under a Communist government with a market economic system, it spawned from ancient kingdoms, was a colony called French Indochina, and was partitioned into the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam) and Republic of Vietnam (South Vietnam) between 1954 and 1975.
- Provinces of Vietnam : Add brief definition or description
- Ho Chi Minh : Vietnamese communist and nationalist leader and revolutionary (1890–1969); president of North Vietnam 1946–1969.
- Thanh Hoa Province : Add brief definition or description
- Ha Tinh Province : Add brief definition or description
- Laos : A country in Southeast Asia that was part of French Indochina, located northeast of Thailand and west of Vietnam, with short borders to Burma, Cambodia and China
- South China Sea : A part of the Pacific Ocean surrounded by nations of Southeast Asia and East Asia, important for navigation but also for small islands over which resource and sovereignty disputes exist
- : Capital of Nghe An Province of Vietnam
- Gulf of Tonkin incident : An incident or incidents between U.S. and North Vietnamese naval forces in August 1964, the details of which remain unclear to both sides; perceived as an attack on U.S. forces and used by Lyndon B. Johnson to obtain the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution authorizing large-scale combat involvement in the Vietnam War