Open science/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Open science, or pages that link to Open science or to this page or whose text .
- Science : The organized body of knowledge based on non–trivial refutable concepts that can be verified or rejected on the base of observation and experimentation
- Scientific method : The concept of systematic inquiry based on hypotheses and their testing in light of empirical evidence.
- Science 2.0 : An umbrella term used to label the use of Web 2.0 tools for scientific purposes.
- Open Data : Data that are publicly available for use, reuse and redistribution, typically for free via the World Wide Web.
- Open Access : The free, immediate online access to the results of research, coupled with the right to use those results in new and innovative ways.
- Open Notebook Science : The practice of keeping a research notebook in public by means of Web 2.0.
- Web 2.0 : A description of the WWW that allows for greater social interaction between producers and consumers, authors and readers of content, to the point where such distinctions become meaningless.
- Open source software : Software where the source code is freely modifiable and redistributable.
- Copyright : An exclusive property grant on creative works granted to authors of those works for a period set by law.
- Copyleft : The use of traditional copyright and intellectual property law to pursue goals of open sharing and collaboration.
- Creative Commons : A 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to enabling the sharing of the digital heritage of humanity.
- Science Commons : A branch of Creative Commons dedicated to making the results of scientific research available in public for use and reuse.
- Transparency (behaviour) : A fundamental philosophy of total openness between individuals and organizations.