Papua New Guinea/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Papua New Guinea, or pages that link to Papua New Guinea or to this page or whose text .
- Oceania : A major geographical region of the planet Earth, mostly in the southern hemisphere, consisting of Australasia (the Australian continent and New Zealand), Micronesia, Melanesia and Polynesia.
- Leo Nuia : Senior military leader in Papua New Guinea
- Rochus Lokinap : Was a senior military officer of Papua New Guinea, who helped thwart a coup, in 1990
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Papua New Guinea. Needs checking by a human.
- Aircraft carrier : A warship designed to launch and recover combat aircraft and aircraft that support military operations
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations : Association of South-East Asian Nations; treaty group formed in 1967, originally comprising Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand; Brunei was admitted as a member in 1984, Vietnam in 1995, Burma and Laos in 1997, Cambodia in 1999; Australia is a "dialogue partner".
- Australia : Continent in the Southern Hemisphere and the federal parliamentary nation that occupies it.
- Battle of the Coral Sea : Fought in May 1942, the first battle between naval forces built around aircraft carriers, in which the opposing United States and Japanese ships never saw one another; it was a tactical Japanese defeat and strategic U.S. victory
- CIA activities in Asia-Pacific : This is a regional-level subpage dealing with CIA intelligence and operations pertaining to the Asia-Pacific area. Large topics may be in subordinate pages.
- Cargo cult : A group of social movements that began in Melanesia in the late nineteenth century which believe that manufactured goods, including canned goods, airplanes, and automobiles, were created by spirits or ancestors of Melanesian people.
- Contact language : any language which is created through contact between two or more existing languages; may occur when people who share no native language need to communicate, or when a language of one group becomes used for wider communication.
- Country : Nation, state, region, or territory, or large tract of land distinguishable by features of topography, biology, or culture.
- Dominion : Term applied to the first members of the British Commonwealth to become independent.
- Linguistic anthropology : The branch of anthropology that brings linguistic methods to bear on anthropological problems, linking the analysis of semiotic and particularly linguistic forms and processes to the interpretation of sociocultural processes.
- Oro Bay : A U.S. advanced base, during WWII, in Papua New Guinea
- Pacific Ocean : the largest single mass of water in the world, lying between Asia and Australia on its west, and North America and South America on its east.
- Pidgin : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Pidgin (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh : (1921-2021) The husband of Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom.
- Solomon Islands : An island republic, part of the Commonwealth of Nations, in the South Pacific Ocean, southeast of Papua New Guinea and northwest of Vanuatu; scene of much fighting in the Second World War
- Toea : The currency subunit of the Kina, which is the currency of Papua New Guinea.
- Torres Strait Islander : A member of a group of Indigenous Australians who inhabit or originate from the Torres Strait Islands, which are situated between the northern tip of Cape York in Queensland and the south-west coast of Papua New Guinea.
- Typhoid fever : An acute systemic, febrile infection caused by Salmonella typhi, a serotype of Salmonella enterica serotype Typhi, spread by fecal-oral contamination, best prevented by water treatment
- Yos Sudarso Bay : A small bay on the north coast of New Guinea, about 50 kilometers west of the border between Indonesia's province of Papua and the country of Papua New Guinea.