Paul X. Kelley/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Paul X. Kelley, or pages that link to Paul X. Kelley or to this page or whose text .
- Joint Chiefs of Staff : The staff committee of the most senior members of the U.S. military services, charged with policy advice, doctrinal development, and preparedness rather than operational control of forces
- United States Marine Corps : A branch of the United States Armed Forces, with primary responsibilities as naval infantry and in amphibious warfare, are organized in Marine Air-Ground Task Forces capable of serving as up to corps headquarters with integrated close air support
- Commandant of the Marine Corps : Senior uniformed officer of the United States Marine Corps and member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; responsible for doctrinal development, and preparing and training forces, for deployment to Unified Combatant Commands
- Foundation for Defense of Democracies : An American think tank focusing on threats from terrorism and militant Islamists, from which Democratic advisers resigned and many of the leadership are identified as Republican or conservative
- 1983 Beirut barracks bombings : Destruction of French and U.S. barracks containing peacekeepers, on October 23, 1983, by suicide bombers, by unknown actors often believed associated with Iran or Iranian-backed Hezbollah