Plant (organism)/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Plant (organism), or pages that link to Plant (organism) or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Plant (organism). Needs checking by a human.
- Adaptation : Describes the event of a trait being selected by the mechanism of natural selection.
- Animalia : The taxonomic kingdom including all animals.
- Animal : A multicellular organism that feeds on other organisms, and is distinguished from plants, fungi, and unicellular organisms.
- Anise : Annual herbaceous plant in the Apiaceae family that produces oil-rich fruits that have a distinct licorice taste.
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- Botanical garden : Also botanic garden; a usually large garden, created for public education and enjoyment, with species organised and marked for easy identification. Some private residences have botanic gardens as part of their house parks, but this is unusual.
- Botany : The study of plants, algae and fungi (mycology).
- Dinosaur : widely distributed and diverse group of generally large reptiles that lived from approximately 215 to 65 million years ago.
- Embryo : An organism in its earliest phase of development.
- Eukaryota : is a domain formed by all living beings, from unicellular to very complex individuals with many different types of cells carrying particular functions, that are always constituted by cells where there is a nucleus, with various organelles, enclosed by a membrane that separates its content from the surrounding cytoplasm.
- Fern : are a group of seedless vascular plants that make up the class Pteropsida, closely allied to horsetails and whisk ferns, also considered to be ferns, with which form the division Pterophyta, that evolved in the Devonian period comprising about 12,000 species.
- Glucose : A monosaccharide (or simple sugar) and an important carbohydrate in biology, used by the living cell as a source of energy and metabolic intermediate.
- Grass : Monocotyledonous herbaceous plants that make up the families Poaceae (formerly Gramineae), Cyperaceae (sedges), and Juncaceae (rushes).
- Kingdom (biology) : The second highest level taxon of organisms in scientific classification and biological taxonomy.
- Land : a factor of production that is not the product of economic activity, the supply of which is independent of economic activity.
- Moss : A non-vascular plant that only reproduces in water.
- Organelle : Specialized subunit within a cell that has a specific function, and is usually separately enclosed within its own lipid membrane, found in all eukaryotic cells.
- Organism : An individual living individual: a complex, adaptive physical system that acts a integrated unit that sustains metabolism and reproduces progeny that resemble it.
- Plant (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description