Raymond E. Fowler
- Some content on this page may previously have appeared on Wikipedia.
Fowler is best known for his UFO (Unidentified Flying Object) investigations and books focusing primarily on UFO sightings and close encounters in the New England area of the U.S., including the Betty Andreasson Luca Alien Abduction case written about by Fowler. He also investigated and wrote about the Allagash Abductions, an alleged multiple persons abduction case, which was cast into doubt by one of the witnesses in 2016.
Fowler served as Director of Scientific Investigations for MUFON and authored an older edition of the MUFON Field Investigators Manual. He also served as the Scientific Associate for the Center for UFO Studies. Fowler had also served as an associate member and eventually chairman of NICAP (National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena).
Later in life Fowler wrote about being an abductee himself sharing this information, most indepth, in his autobiographical book UFO Testament: Anatomy of an Abductee. During an interview with Rosemary Ellen Guiley Fowler listed some of his abduction experiences which seem to correlate with other abductee testimony such as Betty and Barney Hill abduction and Betty Andreasson Luca.
Fowler's claim of being an abductee, and his UFO research as a whole, was not always welcome by his family members, because of their religious beliefs on the subject of UFOs. Fowler's extensive investigations in the UFO field lessened after the publication of The Watchers I and The Watchers II, in which Fowler initially acknowledged his UFO abduction experiences. He continued writing books on the subject, however, including his own experiences as well as local investigations he had not previously published.
- SynchroFile. Lincoln, 2004
- UFO Testament: Anatomy of an Abductee, 2002
- The Melchizedek Connection, 2001
- The Andreasson Legacy, 1997
- The Watchers II, 1995
- The Allagash Abductions, 1993
- The Watchers, 1991
- The Andreasson Affair - Phase Two, 1983
- Casebook of a UFO Investigator, 1981
- The Andreasson Affair, 1979
- UFOs: Interplanetary Visitors, 1974
- (2016) "Subject of 1976 UFO incident casts doubt on 'Allagash Abductions'".
- https://www.amazon.com/dp/9991742794 Amazon.com MUFON Field Investigators Manual
- http://www.terrestrialworld.com/Fowler.htm Maine MUFON web site