Robert Baer/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Robert Baer, or pages that link to Robert Baer or to this page or whose text .
- Intelligence (information gathering) : The practice of finding information on opponents, or potential opponents.
- Central Intelligence Agency : The principal civilian intelligence organization of the United States, specializing in all-source intelligence analysis, clandestine human-source intelligence, and covert action.
- Clandestine human-source intelligence and covert action : Intelligence and military special operations functions that either should be completely secret (i.e., clandestine: the existence of which is not known outside the relevant government circles), or simply cannot be linked to the sponsor (i.e., covert: it is known that sabotage is taking place, but its sponsor is unknown).
- Time (magazine) : Add brief definition or description
- Azerbaijan : A country variously considered part of Central Asia or Southwestern Asia, with a shore on the Caspian Sea, major borders with Iran and Russia, a tense border with Armenia and a small European portion north of the Caucasus Mountains
- Counterterrorism Center : A Central Intelligence Agency organization, unusual for the days before the 9-11 attack in that it mixed personnel from the operations and analytical directorates, as well from the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Headed by Cofer Black; replaced by the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC) in the Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- France : Western European republic (population c. 64.1 million; capital Paris) extending across Europe from the English Channel in the north-west to the Mediterranean in the south-east; bounded by Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Andorra and Spain; founding member of the European Union. Colonial power in Southeast Asia until 1954.
- Lebanon : a country in the Middle East. It borders Syria to the north and east, Israel to the south, and the Mediterranean Sea to the west. Its official language is Arabic, although French is widely spoken. The capital and largest city of Lebanon is Beirut.
- 1983 bombing of the U.S. embassy in Beirut : A suicide bombing, on April 18, 2003, which killed 66 people in the U.S. Embassy in Beirut; the previously unknown "Islamic Jihad Organization" claimed responsibility
- 1983 Beirut barracks bombings : Destruction of French and U.S. barracks containing peacekeepers, on October 23, 1983, by suicide bombers, by unknown actors often believed associated with Iran or Iranian-backed Hezbollah
- Hostages in Beirut : Add brief definition or description
- Oliver North : White House aide caught destroying incriminating documents to thwart efforts to impeach Ronald Reagan
- Robert Oakley : Distinguished Research Fellow at the Institute for National Security Studies, National Defense University; retired career diplomat who was U.S. Ambassador to Pakistan, Zaire, and Somalia; State Department Coordinator for Counterterrorism; Director for Middle East and South Asia on National Security Council staff and Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for East Asia Affairs; Special Envoy to Somalia for George H. W. Bush and Bill Clinton
- India : Republic in South Asia; the world's largest democracy. Borders Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma, China, Nepal, Pakistan
- Iran : Country in the Middle East.
- Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps : Called the Pasdaran in Farsi, and the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution in English, the military and paramilitary force separate from the regular armed forces of Iran, with a strong religious motivation and clerical control; accused of being involved in terrorism
- Iraq : Country in the Middle East, currently transitioning from rule by the US.
- Ahmed Chalabi : An Iraqi politician, who spent much of his time in exile or in Kurdistan, who has declining influence in the current situation but is still regarded as well-connected
- Jalal Talabani : A Kurd who is President of Iraq and leader of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan
- Massoud Barzani : Add brief definition or description
- Roger Tamraz : Add brief definition or description
- Sudan : Add brief definition or description
- Saudi Arabia : Add brief definition or description
- Syriana (movie) : Add brief definition or description
- Tajikistan : Add brief definition or description