< SynapseJump to navigation Jump to search
- Nervous system : The control unit of bodily functions in animals.
- Neuroscience : The study of nervous systems and their components.
- Neuron : An excitable cell that is specialized to conduct nerve impulses.
- Neurotransmitter : A class of chemicals which relay, amplify or modulate electrical signals between a neuron and other cells in the nervous system.
- Synaptogenesis : Add brief definition or description
- Synaptic pruning : The usage-controlled loss of connections between nerve cells during brain development.
- Action potential : A brief change in voltage that travels along a cell membrane.