Talk:Byzantine Imperial Court
I submitted the Wikipedia article, with some modifications, as this is a well referenced article using the Oxford Byzantine books as sources. This is THE source for such things. Unfortunately I do NOT have the $450 or $215 to buy the books. I also used other sources to document what little I contributed. I'm sure I wrote the title wrong too so that will need to be changed. I'm sorry. Mary Ash 00:03, 25 August 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Mary, the section on the Emperors of Constantinople should probably be on a catalog subpage and link most of those names. Then maybe have a section of the most important ones, but I don't know anything about who those would be, do you? D. Matt Innis 03:33, 25 August 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks Matt. Do what you think is best. Mary Ash 04:46, 26 August 2010 (UTC)
- Nobody expects you to buy these books, Mary. But, of course, the data have to be checked independently by someone who has access to reliable sources.
- I agree with Matt: The list of emperors is subpage material. Perhaps of Byzantine emperor? It needs to be formatted and edited. (Is it compiled from the WP list?)
- The list of titles could also be a subpage or perhaps a separate page (title?), but in both cases it needs formatting and additional information.
- The references need fixing and formatting, some should be transferred to the bibliography subpage.
- Since the title section is a (partial) copy of a WP article, this article is not yet "live".
- --Peter Schmitt 23:57, 26 August 2010 (UTC)