Terminal illness/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Terminal illness, or pages that link to Terminal illness or to this page or whose text .
- Comfort care : Add brief definition or description
- Hospice : Add brief definition or description
- Palliative care : Medical care or treatment that concentrates on alleviating the severity of disease symptoms, rather than striving to provide a cure.
- Elizabeth Kubler-Ross : Add brief definition or description
- Cicely Saunders : Add brief definition or description
- Advance directive : Add brief definition or description
- Assisted suicide : Add brief definition or description
- Euthanasia : The act of assisting in the death of an animal or patient, often to end suffering for an incurable disease; a painless death; sometimes called a mercy killing which may or may not be legal.
- Futile care : Medical procedure or treatment that cannot achieve its stated goals or produce its expected benefits, regardless of repetition and duration of treatment.
- Triage : The process of sorting victims of disease or violence, so the greatest number can be helped with the available resources, and treatment prioritized to have the best chance of preserving life.