Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Christianity : The largest world religion, which centers around the worship of one God, his son Jesus Christ, and his Holy Spirit.
- Judaism : Monotheistic religion of the Jewish people based on the Torah.
- Religion : Belief in, and systems of, worshipful dedication to a superhuman power or belief in the ultimate nature of existence.
- Biblical criticism : Add brief definition or description
- Books of the Bible : The collection of works that comprise the Old and New Testaments of the Christian Bible.
- Canonical Gospels : The four Gospels in the New Testament, telling of the life and death of Jesus Christ.
- Dead Sea Scrolls : Add brief definition or description
- Gospels of Mael Brigte : Illuminated Gospel book created in 1138. Currently in the British Library.
- : An edition of the Christian Bible in Latin circa 1455, the first book printed in Western Europe from movable metal type, an act so consequential to the art of bookmaking that it could be considered to mark the transition from the Middle Ages to the modern world.
- Hebrew Bible : consists of religious works categorized into the Torah (Law), Nevi'im (Prophets), and Ketuvim (Writings).
- New Testament : Second part of the Christian Bible, containing books about the life of Jesus and early Christianity.
- Old Testament : Christian name for the Hebrew Bible, which is a collection of Hebrew and Aramaic texts sacred to Muslims and especially Jews and Christians.
- Vulgate : Add brief definition or description