United States Marine Corps/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to United States Marine Corps, or pages that link to United States Marine Corps or to this page or whose text .
- Amphibious warfare : The set of techniques, equipment, specialized units, and methods of training needed to move troops across water, and deliver them to land, ready for immediate combat.
- Naval infantry : Personnel assigned to naval ships, who are qualified to engage in combat using individual weapons, against enemy personnel on land or on ships that were boarded
- Department of the Navy (United States) : A civilian component of the U.S. Department of Defense, responsible for management of Naval and Marine policy and procurement
- Commandant of the Marine Corps : Senior uniformed officer of the United States Marine Corps and member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; responsible for doctrinal development, and preparing and training forces, for deployment to Unified Combatant Commands
- Commandant of the Marine Corps Official Reading List : Add brief definition or description
- AH-1 Cobra : The first purpose-built U.S. attack helicopter, introduced by the U.S. Army in the Vietnam War; the U.S. Marine Corps still operates a much-modified version
- AV-8 Harrier II : Add brief definition or description
- CH-46 : An aging medium helicopter that has been the main troop transport helicopter for the U.S. Marine Corps and a utility transport for the U.S. Navy
- CH-53 : Heavy transport helicopter used by the United States Marine Corps and Israel; MH-53 PAVE LOW special operations version used by United States Air Force
- F-18 Hornet : A relatively lightweight carrier-capable multirole fighter, developed by the United States Navy and used by several nations, including Canada, in land-based roles; a fourth-generation fighter gradually being replaced by the F-18E/F Super Hornet, and then the F-35.
- F-35B Lightning II : Short takeoff and vertical landing (STOVL) version of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, to be used on small carriers (i.e., without catapults and from minimal forward airfields
- V-22 Osprey : Military tilt-rotor aircraft capable of vertical takeoff as a rotary-wing helicopter, but faster horizontal flight using after converting its rotary-wing helicopter blades to propeller blades on a fixed-wing.
- Assault Amphibious Vehicle : Add brief definition or description
- Amphibious Ready Group : A group of amphibious warfare ships that can carry a U.S. Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) or U.K. Royal Marine Commando
- Amphibious Assault Ship : When used as a proper noun phrase, the largest class of amphibious warfare ship, able to operate large numbers of helicopters, and usually at least some types of landing craft; they look like aircraft carriers
- Combat loading : A method of loading cargo into ships that will carry it to amphibious landing sites, such that can be unloaded in a manner optimized to meet the operational needs of combat rather than maximizing the utilization of the ship's cargo space
- Landing Platform Dock : (LPD) Large amphibious warfare ships with both an internal dock that can be flooded to allow smaller landing craft to swim out, as well as a flight deck for helicopters and STOVL aircraft
- Landing Platform Helicopter : A medium-sized amphibious warfare ship that primarily uses helicopters to land troops; it does not have the well deck of a larger Landing Helicopter Dock
- Light Armored Vehicle-25 : Add brief definition or description
- Landing craft : A boat or other self-propelled watercraft, carried aboard a ship, intended for amphibious warfare or similar operations where landings at a prepared seaport are not practical. Such a craft may discharge troops or equipment on the beach, or may be capable of independent movement on land.
- Landing craft air cushion : Add brief definition or description
- M198 howitzer : Add brief definition or description
- M777 howitzer : Add brief definition or description
Organizations and doctrine
- Force Reconnaissance : Add brief definition or description
- Drill instructor : Add brief definition or description
- Vertical envelopment : Add brief definition or description
- Marine Air-Ground Task Force : Add brief definition or description
- Marine Special Operations Command : Add brief definition or description
- Tun Tavern : Add brief definition or description
- Marine Corps War Memorial : Add brief definition or description
- Foreign internal defense : Add brief definition or description
- Forward air controller : Add brief definition or description
- Forward observer : Add brief definition or description
- Infantry Fighting Vehicle : Add brief definition or description
- Naval guns and gunnery : Add brief definition or description
- Royal Marines (U.K.) : Add brief definition or description
- United States Special Operations Command : Add brief definition or description