User:Jaume Cañellas Galindo
Dr. JAUME CAÑELLAS GALINDO is a Spanish psychiatrist, born in Barcelona (Spain). Doctor in Medicine and Surgery at the Autonomous University of Barcelona. Specialist in Psychiatry and Child and adolescent psychiatry from the University of Montpellier in the Faculty of Medicine of Montpellier (France). Psychotherapist from the IPS.
He was the first Spanish doctor member to the "Conseil de l'Ordre des Médecins" in Hérault, France in 1986. After completing his training in France, he returned to Spain and worked in the field of public medicine, treating adults, children and adolescents. He directed the Center for Mental Health of Martorell (Barcelona) and was a member of the Commission on Teaching and Research in the west coast health area of Barcelona. Later he created anddirected the first service of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology at the Alliance Hospital in Girona. He founded and directed the Institute of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology in Girona from 1995 to 1998.
Since 1990 he has been a member of the International Group of Trainers in Medical Care, Perinatal Psychology of the French Ministry of Health, based in Montpellier and since 1991 a founding member of the French Association for the Study and Training in Medical Care of Perinatal Psychological Disorders.
It was the first psychiatrist of child and adolescent, also of the first Mental Health Center Child and Adolescent Catalan Health Service, a pioneer in the province of Girona. Definitively established in the capital city of Girona since 1990.
Since 1989 Dr. Jaume Cañellas Galindo has declared publicly that the specialty of Child and adolescent psychiatry is essential to the prevention of mental illness in adults. In this sense, says that data from the World Health Organization (WHO) show that a third of all internationally classified mental disorders (DSM V and ICD-10) are produced specifically in childhood and adolescence, although there are other disorders such as neurosis and schizophrenia which usually start in these early stages of life. He adds that over eighty percent of all mental illnesses in adults have their roots in childhood and / or adolescence.
In 2007, Dr. Jaume Cañellas Galindo, along with other psychiatrists and several associations of parents of familias whose children have mental disorders detected, promoted the creation of the first platform for Child and adolescent psychiatry in Spain. This Platform is based on the premise that mental illnesses in childhood and adolescence have specific characteristics wich justify the existence of a medical specialty, since it is not known whether psycho-affective development and peculiar psychiatric characteristics to the child and adolescent stages may have been overlooked and become severe mental disorders or diseases in adults. Later on, Dr. Jaume Cañellas Galindo recalled that the International Association for Psychiatry of Children and Adolescents and related professions (IACAPAP) recommended at the Declaration of Budapest on 14 May 1992, that each nation implement a plan for the recognition and support pf the specialty of Child and adolescente psychiatry, Clinical psychology and related professions focudes on the mental development of children.
According to Jaume Cañellas Galindo , this lack of specification of Child and adolescent psychiatry in Spain hasled to high incidence of over diagnosis and infra diagnosis of children with mental disorders or diseases, wich leads to the conclusion that one cannot leave child and adolescent mental health i the hands of non-professionals.
- La personalidad anaclitodepresiva límite - Ed. U. Barcelona (2005).
- Migration and Mental Health - Ed. U.A.B. (1994).
- Risk Pregnancy - Ed. U.A.B. (1990).
- L´enfant hyperkinétique et son échec scolaire - Ed. U. Montpellier I (1989).
- Estimulación precoz en el Síndrome de Down - Ed. U. Barcelona (1982).
- Spanish Atheists ISBN 978-1155276878
- Health in Catalonia ISBN 978-1244829954
- Alumnado de la Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona ISBN 978-1232491590
- Jaume Cañellas Galindo: Autonomous University of Barcelona, Psychotherapy, Martorell, Child and adolescent psychiatry ISBN 978-6136779218
- Spanish Physicians ISBN 978-1156610152
- Child Psychiatrists: John Bowlby, Donald Winnicott, Lauretta Bender, Jaume Cañellas Galindo, Michael Rutter, Robin Skynner, Leo Kanner ISBN 978-1155170114
- Plataforma para la Psiquiatría infanto-juvenil en España
- Facebook: Dr. Jaume Cañellas Galindo
- Top Doctors: Dr. Jaume Cañellas Galindo
- Testimonios para la Historia: Dr. Jaume Cañellas Galindo
- Biografía de Jaume Cañellas Galindo
- Biografía en Inglés: Jaume Cañellas Galindo
- Linkedin: Dr. Jaume Cañellas Galindo