< UtopiaJump to navigation Jump to search
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Carey, John (2000-10-26). Faber Book Of Utopias, New edition. Faber And Faber Ltd.. ISBN 0571203175. "An anthology of schemes, stories and ideas which people have dreamt of as Utopia. Provides a picture of the hopes and desires of the age in which each Utopia was conceived. The anthology encompasses many noble and selfless schemes but also reveals a trail of folly, tyranny and attempts at social control." - publisher's synopsis
- Noble, Richard (2009). Utopias. London ;Cambridge Mass.: Whitechapel Gallery ;;MIT Press. ISBN 9780262640695. "Utopian strategies in contemporary art seen in the context of the histories of utopian thinking and avant-garde art." - publisher's synopsis.
- Mumford, Lewis. The Story of Utopias. Forgotten Books. ISBN 1606201883, 9781606201886. - "...a survey of the development of the concept of Utopia, by one of the foremost urban planning theorists of the 20th century. This was Mumford's first book." (Quote from sacred-texts.com)
- Sargent, Lyman (1999-11-01). The Utopia Reader. NYU Press. ISBN 0814715710. - a collection of utopian texts.