Washington Naval Treaty/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Washington Naval Treaty, or pages that link to Washington Naval Treaty or to this page or whose text .
- Arms control : Treaties and implementation agreements to restrict the development, production, deployment, or transfer of specified weapons or weapons technologies.
- Naval warfare : The military history of the organized navies of the world from 300 BCE to the present.
- Battleship : A heavily-armored, warship optimized for fighting other warships using large-caliber guns; certain armor requirements differentiated from cruisers; obsolete by end of World War II.
- Cruiser : While definitions vary with time and doctrine, a large warship capable of acting independently, as a flagship, or a major escort; capabilities include anti-air warfare, anti-surface warfare, anti-submarine warfare, land attack, and possibly ballistic missile defense
- Isoroku Yamamoto : Admiral, Imperial Japanese Navy, Commander-in-Chief, Combined Fleet; planned the Battle of Pearl Harbor although opposed to war with the United States; shot down and killed March 1943
- Herbert Yardley : Add brief definition or description