< ChemistryJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 13:58, 1 November 2014 by (moved tag)
- See also changes related to Chemistry, or pages that link to Chemistry or to this page or whose text .
- Science : The organized body of knowledge based on non–trivial refutable concepts that can be verified or rejected on the base of observation and experimentation
- Analytical chemistry : Subfield of chemistry concerned with finding what constituents are in an unknown sample (i.e., qualitative analysis) and how much of each (i.e., quantitative analysis)
- Atmospheric chemistry : Add brief definition or description
- Biochemistry : The chemistry of living things; a field of both biology and chemistry.
- Environmental chemistry : The scientific study of the chemical and biochemical phenomena that occurs in natural places.
- Inorganic chemistry : The branch of chemistry involving the scientific study of the properties and reactions of all chemical elements and chemical compounds other than the vast number of organic compounds (compounds containing at least one carbon-hydrogen bond).
- Organic chemistry : The scientific study of the structure, properties, composition, reactions, and preparation (by synthesis or by other means) of chemical compounds of carbon and hydrogen, which may contain any number of other elements.
- Physical chemistry : The application of physics to macroscopic, microscopic, atomic, subatomic, and particulate phenomena in chemical systems within the field of chemistry traditionally using the principles, practices and concepts of thermodynamics, quantum chemistry, statistical mechanics and kinetics.
- Polymer chemistry : A multidisciplinary science that deals with the chemical synthesis and chemical properties of polymers or macromolecules.
- Chemical elements : In one sense, refers to species or types of atoms, each species/type distinguished by the number of protons in the nuclei of the atoms belonging to the species/type, each species/type having a unique number of nuclear protons; in another sense, refers to substances, or pieces of matter, each composed of multiple atoms solely of a single species/type.
- List of chemists : Add brief definition or description
- Chemical compound : A chemical substance consisting of two or more chemical elements bonded in a fixed ratio; not a mixture.
- Chemical equation : Add brief definition or description
- Chemical reaction : A process that transforms one set of chemical substances into another, with the set of substances present at the start of the process being called reactants and the set of substances present at the end being called products.
- Green chemistry : Add brief definition or description
- Hydrocarbons : A class of molecules that contain only carbon and hydrogen atoms.
- List of chemistry topics : Add brief definition or description
- List of compounds : Add brief definition or description
- List of important publications in chemistry : Add brief definition or description
- Periodic Table of Elements : A tabular method of displaying the chemical elements.
- Royal Society of Chemistry : Add brief definition or description
- Unsolved problems in chemistry : Add brief definition or description