Mission San Diego de Alcalá/Gallery
(PD) Engraving: Schott, Sorony, and Co.
During the Mission Period, natives occupying lands near Mission San Diego de Alcalá were referred to as Diegueños by the Spaniards.
(PD) Image: U.S. Land Surveyor's Office
The cattle brand used at Mission San Diego.
(PD) Drawing: Alexander Harmer
Captain Fernando Rivera y Moncada violated ecclesiastical asylum at Mission San Diego de Alcalá on March 26, 1776. Missionary Father Pedro Font later described the scene: "...Rivera entered the chapel with drawn sword [in hand]...con la espada desnuda en la mano." 
(PD) Image: Abraham Lincoln
President Abraham Lincoln's signature as it appeared on the United States Patent that restored the Mission property to the Catholic Church in 1862. This is one of the few documents that the President signed as "A. Lincoln" instead of his customary "Abraham Lincoln." 
Notes and references
- Loumala, p. 592
- Engelhardt 1920, p. 223. From the '"California Archives, State Papers, Missions, vol. vi, p. 180.
- Engelhardt 1920, p. 76
- Engelhardt 1920, p. 348
- Mission San Diego