P-700 Granit/Related Articles
< P-700 GranitJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 14:47, 1 March 2010 by (Robot: Starting Related Articles subpage. Please check and brush. For context, see here.)
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/P-700 Granit. Needs checking by a human.
- Battleship : A heavily-armored, warship optimized for fighting other warships using large-caliber guns; certain armor requirements differentiated from cruisers; obsolete by end of World War II.
- Bearing only mode : A paradigm for guided missiles, in which they are launched in the direction of the target, but expected to find it, independently, with onboard sensors
- Cruise missile : A guided missile that uses aerodynamic forces, as well as active jet or rocket propulsion, to stay airborne and to adjust its course.
- Cruiser : While definitions vary with time and doctrine, a large warship capable of acting independently, as a flagship, or a major escort; capabilities include anti-air warfare, anti-surface warfare, anti-submarine warfare, land attack, and possibly ballistic missile defense
- Project 949 Granit-class : An advanced Soviet/Russian attack submarine armed with extremely large anti-ship P-700 Granit cruise missiles and 650mm wake-homing torpedoes, believed intended as a "carrier-killer"
- Submarine : A ship or boat that can travel underwater