Difference between revisions of "Scripps Research Institute"

From Citizendium
Jump to navigation Jump to search
imported>Bruce M. Tindall
(New article generated using Special:MetadataForm)
 
imported>Bruce M. Tindall
 
Line 1: Line 1:
{{subpages}}
{{subpages}}
'''The Scripps Research Institute''' (TSRI) carries out basic biomedical research at its campuses in [[San Diego, California]] and [[Jupiter, Florida]], and grants Ph.D. degrees in chemistry and biology through its Kellogg School of Science and Technology.
The Institute should not be confused with the [[Scripps Institution of Oceanography]]; the two are not affiliated.
TSRI is a private, non-profit organization, funded by the U.S. government's [[National Institutes of Health]], by pharmaceutical manufacturers, and by individual and foundation grants.
TSRI's predecessor institution, the Scripps Metabolic Clinic, was founded in San Diego in 1924 by the philanthropist [[Ellen Browning Scripps]]. In 1946 it expanded, broadened its research mission, and changed its name to the Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation. The current name was adopted in 1991, and a new campus in Jupiter, Florida, was established in 2003.

Latest revision as of 12:49, 30 October 2010

This article is a stub and thus not approved.
Main Article
Discussion
Related Articles  [?]
Bibliography  [?]
External Links  [?]
Citable Version  [?]
 
This editable Main Article is under development and subject to a disclaimer.

The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) carries out basic biomedical research at its campuses in San Diego, California and Jupiter, Florida, and grants Ph.D. degrees in chemistry and biology through its Kellogg School of Science and Technology.

The Institute should not be confused with the Scripps Institution of Oceanography; the two are not affiliated.

TSRI is a private, non-profit organization, funded by the U.S. government's National Institutes of Health, by pharmaceutical manufacturers, and by individual and foundation grants.

TSRI's predecessor institution, the Scripps Metabolic Clinic, was founded in San Diego in 1924 by the philanthropist Ellen Browning Scripps. In 1946 it expanded, broadened its research mission, and changed its name to the Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation. The current name was adopted in 1991, and a new campus in Jupiter, Florida, was established in 2003.