Stephen C. Cunnane
Stephen C. Cunnane a is Professor in the department of physiology and biophysics at the University of Sherbrooke in Quebec, Canada. He is an authority in the field of mammalian brain development. He is also an expert on fatty acid metabolism and the processes of ageing.
List of Publications
Some notable Publications
- Cunnane SC. Survival of the Fattest: The Key To Human Brain Evolution. World Scientific, Singapore, 2005.
- Cunnane SC. The aquatic ape theory reconsidered. Med Hypoth 6, 49-58, 1980.
- Cunnane SC. New Developments in alpha-linolenate metabolism with emphasis on the importance of beta-oxidation and carbon recycling. World Rev Nutr Dietet 88, 178-183, 2001.
- Cunnane SC. Problems with essential fatty acids: Time for a new pradigm? Progr Lipid Res 42, 544-568, 2003.
- Cunnane SC. Metabolism of polyunsaturated fatty acids and ketogenesis. An emerging connection. Prostagl Leukotri Essent Fatty Acids 70, 237-241, 2004.
- Cunnane SC, Crawford MA. Survival of the fattest. Fat babies were the key to evolution of the large brain. Comp Biochem Physiol 136A, 17-26, 2003.
- Cunnane SC, Francescutti V, Brenna JT, Crawford MA. Breast-fed infants achieve a higher rate of brain and whole body docosahexaenoate accumulation than formula-fed infancts not consuming dietary docosahexaenoate. Lipids 35, 105-111. 2000.